Church responsible for pedophile parishioner: victim
- Kelly Kraetsch; Furtado, Jaspovice & Simons; Hayward, CA, for Jane Doe
- Rick Simons; Furtado, Jaspovice & Simons; Hayward, CA, for Jane Doe
- Carl Lewis;
Child Abuse; Half Moon Bay, CA called by: Rick Simons, Kelly Kraetsch
- Anna Salter; Child Abuse & Neglect; Madison, WI called by: Rick Simons, Kelly Kraetsch
- Lynn Ponton M.D.;
Psychiatrycalled by: Rick Simons, Kelly Kraetsch
- James M. McCabe; The McCabe Law Firm, APC; San Diego, CA, for North Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses
- Robert J. Schnack; Jackson Lewis LLP; Sacramento, CA, for The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
- None reported; null, null, for Jehovah's Witnesses on Peralta Blvd. Fremont, Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, The Watchtower and Bible Tract Society of Pennsylvania
- Monica Applewhite; Child Abuse & Neglect; Austin, TX called by: James McCabe, Robert Schnack
- None all defendants
The plaintiff claimed that she suffers from chronic anxiety, depression and severe post-traumatic stress disorder that led to alcohol and drug abuse. She first reported the alleged incidents to a doctor in 2006, and began treating with psychological counseling in 2010. She claimed that she needs an intensive care program that would cost $160,000. The plaintiff's expert psychiatrist opined that the plaintiff was severely affected by the abuse and had severe depression, anxiety and PTSD. She also sought recovery for past and future pain and suffering and punitive damages. Plaintiff's counsel maintained that the defendants' corporate assets to be $30 million in cash and approximately $1 billion in real estate, and asked the jury to award $21 million in punitive damages.
Jane Doe $21,000,001 Personal Injury: Punitive Exemplary Damages $130,000 Personal Injury: future counseling $6,870,000 Personal Injury: non-economic damages